Get Teeth in a Day in Mountlake Terrace
A healthy smile is key to your quality of life. If you are missing all of your teeth, finding a solution that allows you to perform simple daily tasks like eating and speaking naturally can be difficult. At Edmonds Woodway Dental Care in Mountlake Terrace, WA, we offer teeth in a day: all-on-four / all-on-six implant-supported teeth are a long-term option for replacing your teeth and some of the roots. All-on-four / all-on-six implant-supported teeth will give you your smile back along with the confidence that their stability ensures.
What Are Implant-Supported Teeth?
Implant-supported teeth are the perfect solution for replacing missing teeth. They consist of prosthetic teeth attached to four, five or six titanium dental implants that are are secured directly to the jawbone. They are a good solution for those who have lost all of their teeth but still have enough remaining jawbone to support the titanium implants. They’re particularly helpful on the lower jaw, where traditional dentures are far less stable and can become uncomfortable and even painful over time.
Dental implants are small, screw-shaped titanium posts that that are placed in the jawbone where they act like the missing tooth roots. There they fuse to the bone and become strong and stable. Fixed bridges are then attached to the portion of the implant that protrudes from the jawline, giving patients back their smile. This can happen all in one day.
The Dental Implant Process
To learn more about dental implant procedures, click on the link below from your Mac or iOS device to download the MIS Dental Implant Patient Education iBook.
The All-On-Four / All-on-Six Implant Procedure
The all-on-four implant procedure can take place in just one day at our Mountlake Terrace office for those in the Edmonds – Shoreline area.
The following steps are involved in receiving your implant-supported teeth:
- Initial consultation: Dr. Hrankowski has advanced training in the placement of implants, and he will review your medical and dental history and conduct the CT scans, x-rays, and imaging necessary to determine the course of the surgery and how the replacement teeth should be constructed.
- Surgery: Tooth extractions, bone shaping, and implant placement happen all during one surgery while the patient is comfortably sleeping and enjoying the benefits of sedation dentistry. This is carried out using the revolutionary V2R guided surgery protocol.
- Temporary dentures: Temporary acrylic teeth are made and attached to the new implants. They are worn approximately 6 months, until healing is complete.
- Permanent teeth: Once healing is complete Dr. Hrankowski removes the temporary teeth and replaces them with the permanent ones, which function just like natural teeth.
Dr. Hrankowski offers the Prettau® Bridge as an alternative to the standard acrylic bridge. The Prettau Bridge is made out of ceramic zirconia and attaches to implants the same way traditional acrylic bridges do. It also offers patients multiple benefits, including:
- Chip- and stain-resistant material
- Free of toxic material
Talk to Dr. Hrankowski to find out if the Prettau Bridge is right for you.
It’s important that the implants stay immobile until they fuse to your jaw. For the first 6 to 8 weeks after surgery you should stick to a soft diet and avoid hard or crunchy foods. Once healing is complete, you will receive your permanent implant-supported teeth and will be able to eat foods that you couldn’t before, and you’ll feel confident while speaking and socializing.
For even more information on how dental implants can improve your life, please visit the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
If you want to get full functional teeth in just one day, give Dr. Hrankowski and his team in Mountlake Terrace a call today! We work with everyone in the Seattle area, from Edmonds to Shoreline.